Nelson Ferreira is an exceptional visionary who embarked on his first business endeavor 25 years ago with the inception of Ferreira Construction. Ferreira Construction has transformed from a small start up company in 1988 to one of today’s premier contractors in the Northeast. Nelson is the core of Ferreira Construction and is responsible for business development, market strategy, and growth of the company. In continuing with his vision of diversity and growth, Nelson has added Noveda Technologies, Vanguard Energy Partners and most recently, American Pile and Foundation, LLC to the Ferreira companies. Nelson continues to lend his valuable insight and unparalled leadership in the development of all four companies.
A key component of Nelson’s success is his unwavering commitment to his employees’ workplace safety, as well as their continuing education. He encourages all members of his team to acquire additional training and certifications to keep the company on the cutting edge of innovation, technology and safety. In 2002, Nelson was personally honored by New Jersey Business News in their annual “Forty Under 40” listing of extraordinary businesspeople. The magazine recognized him for outstanding entrepreneurial achievements in the construction industry.
In addition to his duties at American Pile and the affiliate companies, Nelson is actively involved with the following industry and non-industry organizations:
- The Utility and Transportation Contractors Association (UTCA), President 2007
- Associated General Contractors of New Jersey (AGC)
- The General Contractors Association of NY (GCA), Executive Committee
- The Building Contractors Association of New Jersey (BCA)
- The Moles, Woodcliff Lake, NJ - Trustee
- The Regional Alliance for Small Contractors, New York, NY – Board of Directors
- Catholic Charities, Archdiocese of Newark, Newark, NJ – Board of Directors
- Gill St. Bernard’s School, Gladstone, NJ – Board of Directors
- Morristown Memorial Hospital, Morristown, NJ - Advisory Board Member
Mr. Ferreira is known for his dedication to each employee’s personal and professional development. The success of all the firms is clearly evidenced by the continual growth and expansion of resources and capabilities, as well as the dedication of Mr. Ferreira’s employees to his vision for the future of American Pile and its affiliates.